Aadhar card has become one of the most essential documents when it comes to showing identity proof. This is necessary for opening a bank account, filing income tax returns, buying a new SIM card, availing benefits under schemes like PM Kisan Yojana and PM Awas Yojana. If your mobile number is not updated with Aadhaar, then we are giving some easy steps here. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the Aadhar number issuing organization, said that if your mobile number is linked to your Aadhar card, you can change various types of details entered in your card through verification with mobile OTP.
Documents required to link Aadhaar with mobile number
According to UIDAI, no additional documents are required to update the mobile number in your Aadhar card. All you need to do is visit your nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra and fill up a form to link your mobile number with your Aadhaar card.
Step by Step Process to Link Aadhaar with Mobile Number
- Visit the nearest Aadhar Service Center or Aadhar Update Center.
- Fill the Aadhar Update Form.
- Enter your updated mobile number in the Aadhaar update form.
- After this, pay the fee of Rs 50 at Aadhar Seva Kendra.
- The Executive will register your request at the Aadhaar Service Center through Biometric Authentication.
- Thereafter, you will get an acknowledgment slip in which Unique Reference Number (URN) has been entered.
- Through this URN, you will be able to track the status of your request later.