Amarinder Singh Resigns: Amarinder Singh resigned from the post of CM of Punjab today. Now the biggest question is, who will sit in his place on the post of CM of Punjab?
Punjab New CM Name: After the resignation of Captain Amarinder Singh, the name of Sunil Jakhar is running in the forefront for the new CM of Punjab. Sources gave information about this. Jakhar has been the President of Punjab Congress. He was the Leader of the Opposition in the Punjab Legislative Assembly from 2012 to 2017. Became MP from Gurdaspur in the Lok Sabha by-election 2017. Elected three times MLA from Abohar assembly seat. He is the son of former Lok Sabha speaker Balram Jakhar. He is counted among the big leaders of Punjab Congress.
Along with this, according to sources, there may be two deputy CMs in the state. Sources said that Navjot Singh Sidhu is not the first choice of the Punjab CM high command. However, Jakhar is not a Sikh face.
Why was the captain out?
- Navjot Singh Sidhu opened a front against Captain Amarinder Singh.
- Sidhu raised questions on the working style of the Captain.
- Many MLAs and ministers were against Amarinder Singh.
- 60 MLAs had threatened to resign.
- According to sources, these 60 MLAs had threatened their lives in the Aam Aadmi Party.
- The high command had placed a condition in front of Amarinder to fulfill the promises.
- Worked bypassing the high command.
- The high command had spoken to many party leaders.
- Today the high command asked to resign.
What did the captain say after resigning?
Captain Amarinder Singh said after his resignation, “I have resigned from the post of Chief Minister. Make him the chief minister whom he (Congress president) has faith in. This is the third time in the last few months that MLAs were called to Delhi. I understand that if there is any doubt on me, I could not run the government, I feel insulted by the way things have been talked about. I have resigned from the post of Chief Minister. Future politics is always an option and I will use it when I get a chance.”