Provident Fund latest news- EPFO has prepared a mechanism. In this, your own UAN can be generated. For this, only the Aadhaar number will be required.
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has also gone digital in Digital Hote India. Most of the work related to Provident Fund has been done online. Many rules have been simplified. One of them is Universal Account Number (UAN). Now any EPF member can generate his / her own UAN. Just the mobile number needs to be linked with Aadhaar. A UAN cannot be created without this. If you do a job, then UAN is compulsory for other tasks ranging from extracting PF, transferring PF. On getting a new job, you can now give this number to the company itself and your PF account will be transferred to that company.
Generate your own UAN
EPFO has prepared a mechanism. In this, your own Universal Account Number (UAN) can be generated. For this, only the Aadhaar number will be required. Aadhaar based OTP ie One Time Password (OTP) is required to generate UAN. For this, the mobile number should be linked with Aadhaar. At the time of verification, the system will automatically take information like your name, date of birth. You will see all the information on the screen.
How to generate Universal Account Number (UAN)
To generate a UAN you have to complete 6 steps. After completing the process you will come to UAN.
1. First you go to the link https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/
2. Click here ‘Online Aadhaar Verified UAN Allotment’ or Direct UAN Allotment.
3. You will now be asked for an Aadhaar number. Click on the generated OTP when entering the Aadhaar number. OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number.
4. After entering OTP, click to accept the disclaimer. Verify the details and fill the information requested in the Mandatory field.
5. Fill the captcha code and after clicking on the check box on the disclaimer, click on the ‘Register’ button.
6. After clicking on the Register button, you will get UAN Allot. The UAN number will appear on your screen.
What is the advantage of UAN?
UAN is required for EPF account. With the help of UAN, the facility of online PF transfer, balance check and withdrawal is available. All your old and new accounts appear in this UAN. Withdrawals can be transferred online only. EPFO will also complete your request online.
Check balance without (UAN) like this
Use the missed call alert to know the PF balance. Give a missed call on 011-22901406 from the mobile number registered in the EPFO. Immediately after the missed call, a message will come from AM-EPFOHO. In this message you will find the account balance. The message also contains information like member id, PF number, name, date of birth, EPF balance, final contribution. But, if the company is a private trust, then the balance details will not be available. For this, the company has to be contacted.