New Delhi: In the event of the Debit Card being lost, dropped or stolen, you should block it immediately. Otherwise, there is a risk of money being stolen from your account. The country’s largest bank SBI has released a video for its customers regarding the security of debit cards. In which SBI has told how you can block the card if it is lost.
Video of SBI to block card
SBI has told in this 1.25 minute video that how you can block, replace or get a new debit card made from your mobile itself. SBI has told that the customer has to call the bank’s toll free number 1800 11 2211 or 1800 425 3800.
After this, follow the given steps to block the card. Remember that your mobile number should be registered with SBI. Along with this, you should also know the number of your debit card, which you want to block. After the card is blocked, an SMS comes to your registered mobile number. On this you can also place a replacement order for the card. After placing the order, it reaches your registered address. For this, the bank also charges a fee from you.
— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) July 20, 2021
2. Through Net Banking
If you do not want to block the card through IVR, then you have other options as well. You can also block your SBI card through internet banking by visiting SBI website.
1. First of all log in to www.onlinesbi.com.
2. Under ‘ATM CARD SERVICES’ under ‘e-Services’ select ‘BLOCK ATM CARD’
3. Select the account which is linked with the debit card.
4. All active and blocked cards will be shown. You will see the first 4 and last 4 digits of the card.
5. Select the reason for blocking the card along with the card you want to block. Then submit it
6. Verify and confirm the details. Then select it as the method of authentication. OTP or Password will be any one
7. Enter Password or OTP and click on confirm button
3. How to Block via SMS
If you lose your debit card, you can also block your card through an SMS. For this, customers will not even need a username and password. You have to BLOCK from the mobile number registered with the account and send SMS to the number 567676 by writing the last 4 digits of the card. You will get a message from the bank to confirm the card block containing the ticket number, date and time of blocking.
4. Through SBI YONO App
Customers can also block their ATM / Debit card with the help of SBI YONO app. For this you have to go to the app. After this select the Service Request option and then select Block ATM / Debit Card. Enter your Internet Banking Profile Password. Now select the account to which the card is linked. Now select the card number. And give the reason for blocking the card.