There is good news for the Jan Dhan account holders of State Bank of India (SBI) as the bank is giving a benefit of Rs. As per the new scheme announced by SBI, the customers of Jan Dhan Yojana will get accident insurance cover of up to Rs 2 lakh. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) focuses on coverage of urban and rural households. SBI has announced a new scheme for all ‘SBI RuPay Jan Dhan Card’ customers on the official Twitter handle. SBI tweeted, “It is time to set yourself on the path of success. Apply for SBI RuPay Jan Dhan Card today.”
These benefits will be available by opening Jan Dhan account
- Account holder will get free mobile banking facility.
- Government schemes come directly into the account.
- Life cover up to Rs 30,000
- Accident insurance cover up to Rs 2 lakh.
- After 6 months of opening the Jan Dhan account, the customer gets the facility abroad.
- RuPay Debit Card is issued for withdrawing money and making purchases.
- Transfer money easily across the country.
- Customers can open pension accounts under Shramyogi Maandhan and PM Kisan schemes.
- Customers can easily get insurance.
Who can open Jan Dhan account
Any Indian citizen above the age of 10 years is eligible to open a Jan Dhan account. The customer can also transfer his basic savings to the account. To open a Jan Dhan account, an application form has to be filled and submitted at the nearest branch.
Documents required for account opening
If you want to open a Jan Dhan account, you will need these documents listed below:
If you do not have any of the above documents, he can open a small account in the bank.