cJan Dhan Yojana Small Account: If you do not have an account with any bank, then it will be easy to join and take advantage of this scheme of Central Government. Do not panic if you have a shortage of documents In spite of less paper, you can open a small account. The duration of this small account is 12 months i.e. one year.
Everyone knows about the benefits available under Jan Dhan Yojana. People came to know the importance of Jan Dhan accounts during the lockdown. Money was transferred directly from the government to the accounts of the account holders. But do you know that small accounts are also opened under Jan Dhan Yojana. Due to these, you can deposit up to 1 lakh rupees in a year. This limit is applicable throughout the year. Know here how many benefits you will get for opening small accounts. Due to the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, more than 40 crore accounts have been opened in the country so far. You have to submit your documents during this time. Your small account is opened as soon as your documents are submitted.
1 lakh 29 thousand 929 deposit so far
So far, 1 lakh 29 thousand 929 rupees have been deposited in 40 crore Jan Dhan accounts running in the country. The scheme was launched by the Central Government in the year 2015. Its aim was to connect every family in the country with the banking system. Due to this scheme, millions of people of the country received Rs. 500 directly in accounts every month during lockdown.
click here :
Account Opening Form (ENGLISH)
Account Opening Form (Hindi)
1800 180 1111
These are the essential conditions of a Jan Dhan Yojana Small Account Small Account
– You can deposit up to a maximum of 1 lakh rupees in a year in a small account opened under Jan Dhan Yojana.
– More than 50 thousand rupees cannot be deposited in this account at any time.
– The amount deposited in a small account cannot be withdrawn more than Rs 10,000 in a month.
– If the money or subsidy of a scheme will be transferred by the government or the scheme like PM Kisan Yojana, then the amount will not be counted under the maximum limit of the deposit amount.
– If you want to transfer your small account to zero balance account of Jan Dhan Yojana, then you have to submit the necessary documents under KYC KYC. After this your account will be zero balance again.
To open a small account of Jan Dhan Yojana, you have to give two photographs of yourself which should be self-attested.
– This account can be opened in any bank branch nearest to you.
– The amount or subsidy money will be deposited in your account under any of the Central Government welfare schemes.
Jan Dhan Account, Jan Dhan Yojana: In Corona crisis, the money of government schemes comes in the accounts, so these accounts are proving very useful. The importance of Jan Dhan Yojana was understood by most people in lockdown when Jan Dhan account holders started getting Rs 500 every month from the government. Bank accounts have been opened under this scheme for 5 years, but even today many people are not properly aware of Jan Dhan accounts and other facilities available from it. Even today people consider it as a normal savings account like other banks. Here we are going to tell you how Jan Dhan accounts are different from other bank accounts and what are their benefits. How to open their accounts, whether documents are necessary. What is eligibility and what terms and conditions have to be followed. Know everything here in detail.
What is Jan Dhan Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2015 is a National Financial Mission. It mainly ensures the payment of financial services like banking / savings and deposit accounts, loans, insurance, pension etc. Account under this scheme can be opened in any bank branch or business representative (Bank Mitra) outlet. PMJDY The bank accounts of PMJDY are opened with zero balance. However, if the account holder wants to check the passbook, then he has to fulfill the minimum balance rule.
This is how to open Jan Dhan account
To open a bank account under Jan Dhan Yojana, you do not need to submit any additional papers. The basic documents that open accounts of other banks, Jan Dhan accounts will also be opened from them. In the Corona crisis, the money of government schemes comes in the accounts, so these accounts are proving very useful. Jan Dhan Bank Accout Jan Dhan Yojana bank accounts in other banks including main banks like SBI, ICICI, PNB, HDFC, Axis, Bank of India, Central Bank Of India, Bank of baroda, ICICI Bank, IDBI Bank, HDFC Bank, Yes Bank Can also be opened.
Documents required to open an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
– If you have an Aadhaar card / Aadhaar number available then no other documents are required.
– Address proof has to be given. If the address has changed, then the self-determination of the current address is sufficient.
– If you do not have an Aadhaar card, then you will need one of the few officially valid documents. These include voter ID card, driving license, PAN card, passport and NREGA card etc. If your address is also recorded in these documents, then it can work as both “ID and address proof”.
– If you do not have any of the above mentioned statutory government papers but it is included in the category of ‘low risk’ by the bank, you can open a bank account by submitting one of the following papers.
(Identity card containing the photo of the applicant issued by the Central / State Government Department, Public Sector Undertaking or Commercial Banks and Public Finance Organization. Also a letter issued by a gazetted officer (Gazetted Officer) with a verified photograph is also valid.
2 Lakhs insurance facility with overdraft of Rs 5 thousand
In this scheme, the account holder is given an insurance facility of 30 thousand rupees along with opening the account. Not only this, along with the account, there is also a facility of accident of up to Rs 2 lakh, death insurance cover and overdraft of Rs 5 thousand.
You can withdraw 5 thousand rupees even if there is zero balance
If you have zero balance in your account, that is, there is no money, you can still withdraw up to 5 thousand rupees under the overdraft facility. But for this facility you have to follow a condition of the bank. That is, your Jan Dhan account should be linked to your Aadhar card.
Savings account has so many facilities
Jan Dhan Account has all the facilities of any other common savings accounts. For example, no minimum balance is required, ATM card, withdrawal facility 4 times a month, etc.
It is necessary to keep money in account for 6 months
In this scheme you can use the over draft facility. But you have to keep in mind that this facility will be available only if your account is at least 6 months old. During this time there has been some money in your account and you have done the transaction from time to time.
Activate in this way if the account is closed
If your account is closed or de-activated, it means the account is not linked to Aadhaar. In case of closure, you will have to link your account to Aadhaar card. You will get its information from the concerned bank branch. You should visit your nearest bank branch and submit documents including Aadhaar. After this your application will be processed and the closed account will be resumed. You may have to keep some balance in it but you will not be charged for the whole process.
click here :
Account Opening Form (ENGLISH)
Account Opening Form (Hindi)
National toll free number: 1800 11 0001
1800 180 1111
There are so many benefits from this scheme
– Interest is accrued on deposits.
– Accident insurance cover of one lakh rupees is given to the account holder.
There is no need to maintain or maintain any minimum balance as per the rules.
Under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, a life insurance of 3 lakh rupees is given to the next of kin or nominee on the death of the beneficiary.
– Transactions of this scheme can be done easily across the country.
– Those who have opened Jan Dhan accounts and use RuPay debit card, have been given insurance of Rs 30,000.
– The government provides insurance of 2 lakh rupees to every Jan Dhan account holder. An insurance of Rs 30,000 is in addition.
– Beneficiaries of government schemes are also given benefits directly in these accounts. For example, the account holders are receiving Rs 500 per month in the accounts from the government during the lockdown.
– If the Jan Dhan accounts are properly operated for 6 months, then the account holder is given an overdraft facility later.
– Pension, insurance etc. also have access to this scheme.
– – Under the scheme, overdraft facility up to Rs 5,000 / – is available in only one account per family and mainly for the woman of the family.
These are the rules of accident insurance cover
Claims under Personal Accident Insurance will be payable under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana. Its rule is that if the applicant is a RuPay card holder, he is required to complete at least one financial or non-financial transaction at any bank branch, ATM, POS, e-commerce etc. This transaction has been done either through his own bank or through another bank. This transaction must be done within 90 days before the date of the accident, including the date of the accident. Applicants who complete this transaction will be eligible for accident insurance.