Bank holiday today August 2022: Due to frequent holidays in banks, the work may be affected. That’s why it is important that you get your work done on time. There will be four consecutive bank holidays in many places.
Bank holiday today 2022: Last week there was a holiday in banks due to the long weekend. But, once again the long weekend is coming. According to the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Bank Holiday List 2022, banks will remain closed for 12 days in August and for seven days this week, including August 15. In all, banks will be closed for 18 days this month. This includes Saturday-Sunday and the declared holidays of RBI. The banking regulator has classified these holidays into three categories – Negotiable Instruments Act Holiday, Real Time Gross Settlement Holiday, and Banks Closing of Accounts.
Then banks will remain closed due to long weekend
Talking about the whole week, on August 15, India’s 76th Independence Day, there was a bank holiday across the country. Banks are closed in many areas on 16 August i.e. today due to Parsi New Year (Shahenshahi). For Janmashtami, on August 18 and 19, there will be a holiday in banks at many places. Apart from this, there will be no work in banking on August 20, 29 and 31 on the date of Shrimant Sankardev and Ganesh Chaturthi. These holidays are different in different states and holidays are decided according to the festivals celebrated in these states. The list of holidays for this month is given below.
Bank holidays list
1) August 15, Independence Day: Banks across the country remained closed on this day.
2) August 16, Parsi New Year (Shahenshahi): Banks will remain closed in Belapur, Mumbai and Nagpur.
3) August 18, Janmashtami: Bhubaneshwar, Dehradun, Kanpur and Lucknow.
4) August 19, Janmashtami (Shravan Vad-8)/Krishna Jayanti: Bank Holiday in Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Gangtok, Jaipur, Jammu, Patna, Raipur, Ranchi, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar.
5) August 20, Sri Krishna Ashtami: Hyderabad.
6) August 29, date of Shrimant Sankardeva: Guwahati
7) August 31, Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha) / Ganesh Chaturthi / Varsiddhi Vinayak Vrat / Vinayak Chaturthi: There will be a bank holiday in Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji.