Under the National Pension System, the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) enables Aadhaar-based offline contactless KYC processes for its new subscribers (NPS). Due to instant KYC authentication, the procedure makes immediate activation of the NPS account and also allows the subscriber’s instant deposit of the NPS contribution. The Aadhaar-based paperless KYC offline authentication removes the need to have the 12-digit identifier with a physical copy. And according to this method, by entering the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) gateway through eNPS, an individual must download the password-protected Aadhaar XML file in offline format and share the same KYC. This service can also be accessed by Points of Presence (POP) to open NPS accounts.
How does the eKYC mechanism based on Aadhaar operate?
- Upload the Offline Aadhaar paperless e-KYC zip format. If the .xml zip file is not created, it is possible for individuals to switch to the UIDAI platform to download the same one and create a four-digit new password. Registration on the eNPS website can be completed after this.
- Now, choose the required registration methods on the eNPS portal and provide information such as mobile number (registered with UIDAI), four-digit passcode for the paperless offline eKYC operation, and upload the ZIP file.
- Demographic details (name, gender, date of birth, mobile number, address and photograph) will be obtained from the UIDAI database upon submission of the OTP and additional mandatory details will be needed for the subscriber to fill in.
- Upload a scanned copy of the PAN card and cancel the cheque in the format *.jpeg/*.jpg/*.png with a file size between 4KB – 2MB and a signature between 4KB – 5MB. It is recommended that, before starting the process, subscribers should keep these documents handy.
- Applications will be redirected to a payment portal for the NPS account to make the payment. PRAN will be allotted upon successful payment.
- Subscribers can seek the alternative of signing the CRA registration form with eSign or ‘Print and Courier.’
- Remember that PFRDA has authorized multiple electronic enablers to promote remote onboarding, online exit tools, online registration for those in government jobs, such as one-time password (OTP) based authentication, paperless onboarding, e-sign based authentication, D Remit, Video Customer Recognition. Self-authentication-based offline exit from NPS using Aadhaar, partial withdrawal based on self-declaration, immediate bank account verification, among others, prior forwarding on NPS privileges.