The country’s largest government bank, State Bank of India (SBI), is giving customers the facility to open their children’s accounts at home. Know how you can take advantage of it.
New Delhi. If you want to open your children’s online account, then the country’s largest government bank State Bank of India (SBI) has brought this facility for you. SBI has made available online the opening of a savings account for the minor, namely, the first steps (Pehla Kadam) and the first flight (Pehli Udaan). Along with this, a limit for children to withdraw money in these accounts has also been fixed. Let’s know how to open an account and its benefits.
These accounts help prepare the young children of your household for a healthy financial future, besides increasing the habit of saving money quickly.
1. First Step Saving Account
- Under this account, parents or guardian joint account can be opened with minor children of any age.
- It can be operated by the parent or guardian or the child himself as a single person.
- This card will be issued in the name of minor and guardian.
Benefits of saving account first step
- Mobile banking facility is available on this account, in which all types of bills can also be paid. There is a limit of up to Rs 2,000 >> daily transaction.
- ATM debit card facility is also available when a bank account is opened in the name of children. This card will be issued in the name of minor and guardian. You can withdraw up to Rs 5,000 in it.
- There is a limit to transact up to Rs 5,000 daily in internet banking facility. With this, you can collect all types of bills.
- Personal Accident Insurance cover is also available for parents.
2. Pehli Udaan Saving Account
- Children over 10 years of age who can sign on to this account can open their account under the first flight.
- This account will be completely in the name of a minor.
- He can operate it alone.
ATM debit card facility is also available in this and you can withdraw money up to Rs 5000 daily. Along with this, mobile banking facility is also available. In which you can transfer up to 2000 rupees daily.
- You can also do all kinds of payments with this.
- With internet banking facility, projects can be transferred up to Rs 5,000.
- In this, the same facility of check book is available in the first step.
- In the first flight, the minor does not get any facility of over draft.
Open your children’s account in this way
- First you go to the official website of SBI sbi.co.in. After this, click on Personal Banking.
- Now click on the Accounts tab and select the option of Saving Account of Minors.
- Then click on Apply Now. Then you will see a pop up features of digital and Insta Saving account.
- Now you have to click in the tab of Open a Digital Account.
- After that click on Apply now and go to the next page.
- Enter your complete information to open an account.
- Note here that to complete this process, it is necessary to go to the branch of SBI once.
- Apart from this, you can also open an account by going to SBI branch in offline way.