26AS Form: This is your annual tax statement. With the help of your PAN number, you can remove it from the website of the Income Tax Department.
The Income Tax Department of India has started its new website from June 7. Due to this, Income Tax Return (ITR) filing will become easy and taxpayers can also file ITR from their mobile. Many more features are also present in this new website. The Finance Ministry has said that taxpayers will be provided with free ITR preparation for ITR Form-1 and ITR Form-2. Let us tell you that this is your annual tax statement. With the help of your PAN number, you can remove it from the website of the Income Tax Department.
The new portal also has an easy download facility for Form 26AS. Form 26AS, also known as Annual Statement Form. It is an important document, which contains all the tax-related information of the taxpayer like TDS (Tax Deducted at Source), Advance Tax, etc. After the launch of the new income tax website, taxpayers can download Form 26AS from the new portal.
What is Form 26AS
You can know the exact status of your income and tax with the help of Form 26AS. If put in simple words, information about all the transactions of the year can be found from here.
Your Form 26AS also mentions the name of the person/entity deducting tax, TAN number and amount of tax etc.
You can know the exact status of your income and tax with the help of Form 26AS. Along with this, your Form 26AS also mentions the name of the person / entity deducting tax, TAN number and amount of tax etc.
You can easily download Form 26AS
In order to download Form 26AS, the Income Taxpayer has to log on to the new Income Tax website www.incometax.gov.in. Then click on the ‘Login’ button on the top right of the home page of the Income Tax Portal and go to the ‘e-File’ menu and follow some simple steps
Simple Steps to Download Form 26AS
- Log on to the official income tax new website – incometax.gov.in.
- Click on the ‘Login’ option on the top right of the home page.
- After logging in, go to the ‘e-File’ menu and click on the link ‘View Form 26AS (Tax Credit)’.
- Read the disclaimer carefully and click on ‘Verify’ button.
- After clicking on ‘Confirm’ button of disclaimer, you will be redirected to TDS-CPC website.
- On TDS-CPC website, click on Accept for Approval of Uses and ‘Proceed’ option.
- Then click on the option ‘View Tax Credit (Form 26AS)’.
- Select the assessment year.
- Select ‘View Type’ (HTML, Text or PDF).
- Click ‘View or Download’.
- Your Form 26AS will be visible on the computer monitor or cell phone screen.
- Download and save Form 26AS for future use.
CBDT says that the new e-filing portal has been modernized to provide convenience to the taxpayers and improve their experience while filing tax returns. This e-filing portal has the facility to process Income Tax Return (ITR) immediately. With this, the tax refund will be issued to the taxpayers soon.